Friday, January 4, 2013

60 hours

Wow, is this for real? In about 60 hours or so I will be arriving in Guatemala. Words cannot  begin to describe how excited I am to experience such a journey. From the moment I read those words 'congratulations' to being 2 days away from the trip, that feeling of excitement inside never changed, just grew. I've done many service trips around the U.S. in the past and its finally time for me to leave the country and help those who need it. I've been waiting for this trip for months now and it has finally arrived. I cannot wait to make new friendships, experience the living of another culture, do whatever I can to help and bring back so much to share with others. Even though my parents are worried about me leaving the country and having limited communication with them, one thing my dad has always told me ever since I was young is, 'remember what is important to you' and this is very important to me, doing something to help others. I know this is going to be a life changing experience for me and will be the start to more intense trips in the future. All I know is I absolutely cannot wait to witness such an experience that lies ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment