Monday, January 7, 2013

Four hours!

This trip is, finally, becoming a reality as we sit in our hotel room and contemplate having to wake up in four hours. Words cannot describe my excitement! I am beyond excited to be leaving for Guatemala tomorrow morning. After months of planning, preparing, and bonding with the wonderful students and staff going on this trip, I know it will be an experience of a lifetime.
Earlier today we completed a reflection regarding what we expected of this trip, I figured I would share some of my own. I expect a LOT of coffee, sunny and warm weather, a culture which thrives on the land, new networking opportunities, new friendships, FUN, happy kids to work with, awesome hosts, getting to use my Spanish, and a whole lot of new knowledge about fair trade!
I hope to update soon after we depart! I don't know if my excitement will let me sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment