Saturday, January 5, 2013

Piles of puppies.

Rabies. A six letter word that has been haunting my dreams since I first heard about the outbreaks in Guatemala and how the shot was recommended when traveling to this country. Did I get the series of three shots? Nope. Due my school schedule I simply didn't have enough time. My doctor said that I need not worry unless I was going down as a veterinarian or diving in caves where bats could be flying around. Now to my knowledge, I will not be lurking around in any dark ominous caverns, at least that is not part of the itinerary. So this might not seem like a big deal, but I know for a fact, that if I see a small group of puppies or fluffy animals, I will be tempted to cuddle with the creatures and/or be licked to death. This could then result in a scratch or bite and ultimately... rabies. Foaming at the mouth, might seem cool and all for a hot second, but I really don't think it would help my love life. Therefore, I know the hardest part on this eight day excursion will be resisting the temptation of petting Guatemalan critters.

1 comment:

  1. I cried more over one lonely puppy in Jamaica than over the quality of the education system. God speed, Kateland.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete