Friday, January 4, 2013

3 days!

It's finally hitting me. Guatemala in 3 days. There are clothes all over my floor and in the wash. There's a plastic bag filled with medicines I hope I don't have to use. And there's a wobbly feeling in my stomach. Today we got the final details for our 10 day trip and that's what made it real for me. I'm excited for sure, but also a little nervous. I'm normally really on top of things, but Guatemala has been in the background of my mind these last few months. Junior year has way of commanding the forefront! I'm not sure if I've prepared myself enough for this adventure. A part of me decided not to read too much into everything because I know it won't compare to actually learning in country. I've never been out of the U.S., so of course I looked up the basics, but I'm really excited to learn by being there and being involved. So it's been a combination of doing research and telling myself to just let the experience happen. My parents are totally freaking out, it's almost like moving to college all over again. It's scary, exciting, strange, and you only kind of know what you're doing. But at the same time, you're confident it will work out and that you'll be better for having the experience!

Hasta pronto, Guatemala!



No comments:

Post a Comment