Sunday, January 6, 2013

Facebook. Texting. Coffee Farm!


What would you do without your cell phone or Internet for 10 days? That was a question I reflected upon while preparing to leave the country. Throughout the past couple of months I have become more aware to my daily Internet, texting, phone calls, and to be honest it's a but disgusting the amount not only I, but our society relies on it. As the countdown gets closer to our departure I keep saying how excited I am to not have a phone constantly going off, or being notified on what everyone everywhere is doing. I am hoping that this will give me a new view that it is okay to not have technology on me all the time, and that there is more to life than a computer screen.

On another note I am overly excited about meeting people and fully embracing the culture in front of me. Traveling is something I have loved since I was younger, but I have never had the opportunity to interact with people as the itinerary makes it sound. I am expecting to have a greater appreciation for the life and privilege I have here in America

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I think you will find the experience stimulating, exciting and challenging...your comments about not being 'wired' to the phone etc are so true,travel safe!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete